Nowadays we find people recycling because their garbage disposal company recommends it, some do it because they are pushed into doing it while other people do it because they genuinely want to save the environment – this has made recycling a trend. Regardless of the reason why you’re taking part in the trend recycle-and-reuse, it all still make a significant difference in the environment, and it is something that you should start if you’re yet to.
Below, we will be highlighting some facts about recycling that you may not know of:
- The recycling goal is only achieved when materials that are recycled are finally converted into useful products that can be reused again. Also, for the trend to keep going, buying the items recycled is a great way to support the markets.
- Research shows that the USA is the most trash-producing nation in the world. About 730 kilograms of trash is produced by each person yearly, and 5% of the world population generates 40% of the global waste.
- About 26498 liters of water, 1438 liters of oil, 17 mature trees, 4,000 kilowatts of energy, and 2.3 cubic meters are saved from being landfilled with each tone of paper (1,000 kilograms) made from recycled materials.
- To produce 700 paper grocery bags, at least it would require a 15-year-old tree. Which on the hand a mall or grocery store could serve over 700 bags per home; this is the reason why you need to start taking your bag along with you when shopping.
- When a PET (polyethylene terephthalate) is successfully recycled from water bottles, milk jugs, shampoo bottles or other bottles, it can be used in making a new container for beverage and food bottles, clothing, carpets, motor oil, laundry products, automobile parts, deli trays, lumber and many others.
- Another reason why you should recycle your bottle is the fact that, it can take them over 100 and 400 years to break down when landfill.
- This method also helps conserve energy, as only two-thirds of the energy needed to manufacture new plastic is required when recycled.
- Using recycled metal in beverage cans made from aluminum uses 95 percent less and energy and generates 95 percent fewer greenhouse gases compared to manufacturing the cans from raw materials.
- Only 60 and 74 percent of the energy needed to produce cans from raw materials are used when using recycled steel.
- In as little as 60 days your recycled can will make their way back to the store.
- Only 50 percent less of water that will be polluted when making a new glass bottle from raw materials will be used when recycling glass.
- 100 percent of glass jars and bottles can be recycled without losing any purity or quality.
The bottom line is you don’t have to landfill an item even if you can’t reuse, recycle; paper, plastic, metal, and glass. It only takes time and energy to sort, clean, and convert these recycled items into new products.
Dump-Squad is one of the fastest growing disposal bin rental, dumpster rental, mini bin rental and junk removal company in Toronto, Ontario. We hope you have enjoyed reading this article and can take something away from it. In the event you are looking to hire any junk removal services or garbage bin rentals in the Toronto area, please feel free to contact us at any time!