By choosing to live simple, accumulating items will be one of the least important activities in your life. Getting obsessed with possessions can have you trapped in an unsatisfying life that costs you in terms of money, time, and energy. You don’t have to live in a farm or the countryside or move away from the entire modern life to achieve simplicity. It can be achieved while you live in the city; a bit of self-control and consistency in your daily activities are all you need to make things happen.
What in the world is wrong with clutter?
Nothing really. Living a clutter-free life is likely an indicator you’re living a simple life. Minimize clutter and stay organized. This comes with a lot of advantages:
• Frees up space – minimizing clutter allows you accomplish a lot more with additional space gained. You can work on your wellbeing by setting up a gym, make use of the vertical space as bookshelf, create space for a home office, or get your car to fit in a previously congested garage.
• Reduced stress – you get dissatisfied with the look of things and it’s overwhelming. You end up procrastinating on cleaning things up resulting in mental stress.
• More peacefulness – the serenity that accompanies an uncluttered space brings peace of mind.
• Increased efficiency – increased focus and productivity are many of the advantages you stand to gain from an uncluttered workspace or environment.
• More attractiveness – attractiveness accompanies an uncluttered room making it easier to keep clean and organize.
• Saves time – a space do not get cluttered in day, so decluttering will take time as well. But the benefits are long time. You spend less time finding things, storing things, moving stuff, and getting things from storage when things are organized.
• Saves money – clutter will make you think that you need more space, letting you decide to move to a bigger space. No doubt, a bigger space will cost more money. Simply decluttering saves you money and leave more space to allow you explore.
How to start living simple
Decluttering can be overwhelming, so it is important to take it gently. Rushing things will get you tired easily. So, it is important that you give yourself enough time to get organized when you make the decision to declutter and live a simple life. Give yourself enough time like a whole weekend to finish clearing and cleaning your space, so you don’t let the clutter to accumulate again.