Everyone wants to throw a successful garage sale. Some things in your house are like trash to you, but this is someone else treasure. Not only will garage sale, help someone buy what they need, but will also make you some extra cash.
This article is based on the idea that a successful garage sale does seven things well:
- Make sure you advertise and promote it! How will someone else know you are having a garage sale if you don’t let them know about it? There are two ways you can do this, either by posting in your local newspaper or by using social media site like Twitter and Facebook e.t.c. So, get the word out because the more people that know about it, the more success you’ll have.
- Get help. Many people love to be part of garage sales. So, it will be advisable to have someone who can help you set up the sale and also manage the sale on garage sale days. They can also help monitor and do some cleaning job after the sales.
- Plan where you’re going to showcase items. You’ve always been to stores, and you’ve seen how well they arrange their items. When you take up their styles, this will allow people to look at what you’re selling, and more people will be interested. The most popular and valuable items should be placed in the front rows so people can see it (and apparently be lure into the rest of the sale area).
- How much? We all know people to haggle, but putting stickers on items will give them a starting point.
- Work it! You don’t have to sit and watch people move around. Go to the crowd talk to them, ask if there is something they’re looking for, and help them with their queries. Be friendly and smile!
- Fashion a good impression. Just because it’s a garage sale, doesn’t mean it should be dull; try and play some underground music. Make it fun for people who stop by so they can stay and pick up something.
Are you still left with some items after your garage sales? Don’t worry we can help you out. There are different sizes of garbage bin; you can use for getting rid of your unwanted items.
Dump-Squad is one of the fastest growing disposal bin rental, dumpster rental, mini bin rental and junk removal company in Toronto, Ontario. We hope you have enjoyed reading this article and can take something away from it. In the event you are looking to hire any junk removal services or garbage bin rentals in the Toronto area, please feel free to contact us at any time!